Testing for Coronavirus-19
We have received numerous inquiries regarding Coronavirus testing. Testing continues to be limited and is available at designated sites who have their own screening process and require an appointment before providing a test. At this time testing is not available at Trestlewood Pediatrics. The following information is meant to be a guide. If you are considering having your child tested please contact our office and we can guide you in ruling out other conditions and determining if this is the next best step.
Who should be screened?
**UPDATE** As of 5/25/20 testing criteria in Michigan has been updated to the following:
Testing criteria for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) has been expanded in Michigan to include asymptomatic individuals who are preparing for surgery, or who have had a known exposure to a person who has the virus or has symptoms of the virus. It also now includes those who work in a profession that puts them at high risk of exposure due to contact with the public or who works in certain industries, such as food processing.
- High Priority: hospitalized patients with symptoms and the following workers with symptoms: healthcare facility workers, workers in group living settings, and first responders
- Priority: patients with symptoms of possible COVID-19 infection (fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, new loss of taste or smell, vomiting or diarrhea, and/or sore throat). Contact our office if you believe your child may need to be screened and we can guide you in ruling out other conditions and determining if this is the next best step.
- Priority: patients without symptoms who have been chosen by the state or local health department to be screened
Where can a patient be screened?
- There are testing sites all over the state of Michigan. The following link will take you to a search page on the Michigan.gov website: https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/0,9753,7-406-98189—,00.html
- Find the testing site most convenient for you
- Contact the testing site directly to be screened and make an appointment for testing
- Common locations in our area include Bronson (all Bronson testing locations can be accessed at this number: (269) 341-7788), the Family Health Center (269) 488-0804, Ascension Borgess Immediate Medical Care (269) 321-7398, Three Rivers Health (269) 273-9801, Covered Bridge Healthcare in Centreville (269) 467-3228.